Special Educational Needs and Disabilities

St Andrew’s Primary school is committed to meeting the educational needs of all our pupils including those children that need additional support. A Special Educational Need is any difficulty or barrier that affects a child's ability to learn and to access the curriculum. A Disability is a long-term health condition which causes a difficulty or barrier to learning or accessing any area of the curriculum.

We endeavour to ensure that all children are supported through:

  • ·Full involvement of parents/carers as partners
  • ·Making provision for meeting pupils’ special educational needs through Quality First Teaching. We have an inclusive curriculum and create a positive and supportive environment for all learners.   We complement this high-quality teaching, where necessary, with high-quality individual or group interventions.
  • ·Establishing and maintaining links with all outside agencies, educational support services, secondary and special schools
  • ·Ensuring all staff can access development programmes concerned with special educational needs
  • ·Monitoring and developing how the school provides for equal access in line with the Disability Discrimination Act.


Our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator is Mrs Allen. Parents can contact her via the school office or by email carole.allen@st-andrews.lincs.sch.uk


You can view our full SEND Policy here:  


You can download our SEND Information Report below.

Information Report


 https://lincolnshire.fsd.org.uk/kb5/lincs/fsd/home.page   Family Services and Local Offer Directory is the home of SEND Local Offer – Lincolnshire County Council. Click on the links to access the full services available in Lincolnshire.

The FSD provides everything parents need to know about Education, Social Care, Health, and information on parent support and activities for Children and young people (0-25 with a Special Educational Need and/or Disability) and their families.